Re: PHP4 vs PHP5

See:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/migration5.php

That gives details of migration from PHP4 to PHP5. There are also guides for migration between each major point release:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/migration51.php
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/migration52.php
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/migration53.php

As to whether you will need to rewrite, it all depends on the features you have used. For example, if you used any of PHP4's OOP features, you are in for a major rewrite. I would definitely get away from PHP4 - it is no longer supported.

  Toby