Re: CSV to MyDB

Hey friend!

You can create a DB table with the same structure of your CSV and store it like a normal table, using the mysqlimport command:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysqlimport.html

In this way, you can do SELECT's and all DML commands.

If you want to store the file as you receive it, that'd be good to create three columns: an ID (AUTONUM), a "date_load" and a BLOB field called "content", where I'd store the CSV. And I guess you should use BLOB. A quote from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/blob.html: "BLOB values are treated as binary strings (byte strings). They have no character set, and sorting and comparison are based on the numeric values of the bytes in column values. TEXT values are treated as nonbinary strings (character strings). They have a character set, and values are sorted and compared based on the collation of the character set."

My $0.02,
Adriano Laranjeira.
SÃo Bernardo do Campo - Brazil.