From: Donovan Brooke [mailto:lists@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 January 2011 18:40
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: stripslashes ( encodings to from MySQL )

Hello,

I use mysql_real_escape_string() to
escape data for db population.

ie.

..form..
<textarea><?PHP stripslashes($dbvar); ?></textarea>

..recieving form input before db update..
$var =mysql_real_escape_string($var);

My question is regarding when wanting to allow HTML
within a database...

Will stripslashes also take out the slashes from something
like this?:

That would effectively negated the ability to use HTML/CSS
in your db. If so, how do you get around this with safe data
entry?

TIA,
Donovan

--