Re: Connecting PHP to MySQL on Windows - RESOLVED

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who assisted me.

Removing the line:
::1     localhost

from the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file did the trick and
allowed me to access MySQL databases without any problems.

I confirmed this was the correct solution by re-adding the line and seeing
it fail again, removing the line again and successfully connecting. So the
problem was nothing to do with Apache, PHP or MySQL directly but was a local
networking issue.  Of course, the hosts file on my working Windows XP
computer at home did not have this line in the hosts file

Many thanks again.

Mike
michaelgmanning@xxxxxxxxx