From: AndrÃs G. MontaÃez [mailto:andresmontanez@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:19 AM
To: Ethan Rosenberg
Cc: php-db-lists.php.net
Subject: Re:  Incrementing Primary Key

Hi Ethan,
in this case, you should manage the "keys" by your application, and store the used ids in aonther table, similar to a "sequence" in Oracle or Postgresql.
Thats so if you want all the records un one table (a field for the letter, and the other for the numeric part).

Otherwise, having a table for each site will be enough, as Jimmy suggests.

--
AndrÃs G. MontaÃez
Zend Certified Engineer