Re: Parsing Tab Delimited file

Hi Ethan,

fist you need to read the file, you could use the file() function
which reads the file as an array, being each line an element;
the you have to navigate the array and exploding the lines into an array:

$data = file('myfile.txt');

foreach ($data AS $row) {
  $row = explode("\n", trim($row));
  var_dump($row);
}

And there you go.

Cheers.

On 24 October 2010 16:46, Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear list -
>
> Thanks for all your help.
>
> I have a tab delimited file which I wish to import into a data base. ÂIn
> MySQL I can use the LOAD DATA command. ÂAs far as I know, that command
> cannot be used in PHP as a mysqli_query. ÂAs I understand, I have to parse
> the file and use the INSERT command.
>
> How do I do it? ÂCode samples, please.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ethan