Re: auto_increment

Hello!

I didn't use any DROP statements. Do exactly as following:
mysql> CREATE TABLE stats2 LIKE stats;
mysql> ALTER TABLE stats2 ADD COLUMN id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, ADD PRIMARY KEY(id);
mysql> INSERT INTO stats2 SELECT *, 0 FROM stats ORDER BY

The first line copies the structure of table stats to a new table called stats2;
The second one, create a new field called id;
The third inserts all records from stats to stats2, in correct order.

After all, you need drop the table stats and rename the table stats2 to stats:
mysql> DROP TABLE stats;
mysql> RENAME TABLE stats2 TO stats;

Be careful, I don't know your environment.

[]'s
Adriano!