Re: how to upgrade php in linux

On 05/05/10 15:02, Chaitanya Yanamadala wrote:
hai dan
thank you for your suggestion regarding the google thing..
thank god u said me that or else i could have never known that google will
get me all the results.
dude i just asked this question thinking that some one would help me find
the solution not for fun.
regarding the thing of compiling i require it to be done,

hai kesavan
  thank you for the help i have done that search and i found the things but
the thing is that it is an old version of the gcc that is still exisiting in
the yum repository.
i require one dependancy apr-1.3.3 for the compiling of httpd 2.3.5  which i
have found out, but the thing is that it requires two more dependancies
uname>=2.6
and rpmlib<=4.4.6 which are  not available in the yum repo..

Do you need to use centos? Maybe it'll be easier for you to use a more up to date operating system. Ubuntu 10 just came out and it has php 5.3 available.

We can't teach you how to compile stuff, that's way outside what we're here to help you with. Don't forget everyone here is helping you in their own free time, so you may not get "perfect" answers but you will get pointers in the right direction (even if it is to google or tutorials on other websites).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/