Re: grabbing from multiple tables

On 30 April 2010 20:49, Karl DeSaulniers <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No, please confuse me. I need to know this stuff.
>
> @Peter thanks for that introduction to foreign keys. Since my productoptions
> table is based off of items in products, optionGroups and options, would I
> use foreign keys for this?

If I read you correct, your productoptions table is basically a lookup
table and as such all your fields should be foreign keys. Because,
each field is a reference to another table - and it's vital to data
consistency that they cannot point to a row in a table that doesn't
exist.

--
<hype>
WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk