Re: oci_commit always returns true even when the transaction fails.

Chris wrote:
> ZeYuan Zhang wrote:
>> Hi there.
>>
>> Why oci_commit function always returns true even when the transaction
>> fails.
>> I just copied the code in the php manual [Example 1636. oci_commit()
>> example],
>> and runned it, the situation is as follows:
>>
>> * The statements do commit at the moment when oci_commit executes.
>> * But some statements are committed to oracle successfully, when some
>> fails.
>>   I think it cannot be called a transaction, and I did used
>> OCI_DEFAULT in the oci_execute function.
>>
>> Code:
>> <?php
>> $conn = oci_connect('scott', 'tiger');
>> $stmt = oci_parse($conn, "INSERT INTO employees (name, surname) VALUES
>> ('Maxim', 'Maletsky')");
>> oci_execute($stmt, OCI_DEFAULT);
>
> Reading the docs (straight from
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.oci-commit.php).
>
> A transaction begins when the first SQL statement that changes data is
> executed with oci_execute() using the OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT flag.
>
> You need to
>
> oci_execute($stmt, OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT);

OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT is a recently introduced alias for OCI_DEFAULT, so
the original code is equivalent. This could be made clearer in the
oci_commit documentation, but is explained on
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.oci-execute.php, which is where
the flag is actually used.

Chris

--