Injection Attack?

I have a DB on a site that is not really up anymore (a redirect because of a
merger), and it seems to have been attacked.

I always use REMOTE_IP so that I have a record and able to ban IP's of the
endless form spammers, however on this attack, the IP listed is my local IP
(actually my old one since I changed ISP's).

I was wondering how they did this and how do I protect on other DB's.

Some of the other injected text inot almost every field is.

1 AND USER_NAME() =

\'; DESC users; --

1\' OR \'1\'=\'1

There is plenty more, however they submitted the form about 12 times per
second.

Any thoughts?

Gary

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4895 (20100225) __________