Re: result set in php pagination

This is all that results from the included script on the 2nd display page:

<h3>Articles by </h3>
  <h4>(There are 0 articles in the database.)</h4>

Given that the where clause in the original query is "WHERE author_name = '$author_name' " I cannot see how passing the author_name in the pagination url will help.

Should I somehow pass $author name which was originally picked up from a form as

'$author_name =  '$author_name = $_POST["author_name"];'

Clearly I am at a loss here. Could anyone suggest anything in the PHP Manual, or any tutorial or anything at all on the web about sustaining a result set through pagination links when the SELECT clause of the query is modified by a WHERE clause containing a variable.

As it stands I am unable to construct a search engine query to cover the matter.

Thanks
Joe.