Re: Displaying Password - orale...

On Dec 22, 2009, at 10:01 PM, Daevid Vincent wrote:

Guess I should have kept that question to myself and dove into the
manuals a little more, but
didn't think I would get crucified for asking help. Everyone has to
start somewhere and no one knows everything when they start.

Let me apologize.

Accepted. :)

I didn't mean to chastise you specifically. That is why I
removed the names from the email. And I also did jump in late to the
thread, I was under the impression that the big block of code was what
someone else had suggested as a solution to an OP's question. I didn't
realize it was your code you were trying to ask the list about.

No problem, I enjoy blunt answers to questions. I've had enough sweets in my life, I dont need anymore sugar coating. Just caught me off guard. And yes unfortuantely, that was my code. But that is why I'm here ;)

Just so you know. Your site does not work on a MAC.

It actually does work on a Mac, just not in Safari ;-)

I'm aware of this, and unfortunately, it's a defunct JavaScript library that is causing the issue. The library to do those fancy windows is all written in German and then minified, so debugging it is just a nightmare I don't have the time or care to dig into for a browser that is 4% of the

You sure about this number, I mean there is now safari on all iPhones as well and they have a BIIIG market.
No matter.

market ( http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser-market-share.aspx? qprid=0
)

Definitely not on Safari and your menus on Firefox (but some things work
on Firefox)

All of it should work in Firefox. I use Firefox on Ubuntu and XP (as well
as IE6, IE7 and IE8)

IE does not love us MAC people anymore, boo hoo  :P
Nothing ever worked in it when it was on MAC anyways, so goo ridden.
Hell, its one of the only browsers I know that HAS to have special code written (in almost any dynamic site) that will make it work on IE. Too much work to do for a silverspoon application. I would rather force people to download Firefox or Safari. (On my own projects of course)

What doesn't work in Firefox on the Mac?

The menus were the worst thing when I looked in Firefox, but the main panels and the nav to the left worked.
It was the top that was a little screwy. Might have been a CSS thing.

Not sure if your are particular to PC or LINUX.

Yes, I am. I bought a Dell Mini9 and hackintoshed it since several
friends/fanboys of mine kept extolling the virtues of the mighty OSX. I really WANTED to like OSX. But aside from looking pretty, I found it too dumbed down for me. I like more control over my OS, and when I press the
'DEL' button on a file, well, it damn well should 'DELete'. ;-)

Well you can do that by pressing the apple button + delete.

Just FYI.

Me..
I am an entrepreneur and don't have a lot of money,

As am I.

so I must learn things on my own to keep my business growing.

Understood and empathize.

Would love to go get the degree, but that is some time away.
In the mean time I have to get this created.
Just out of curiosity, does my site work on your system?

I believe so. It loads and does a few things. Not sure how much is
completed or not to say what it's supposed to do or not do...

Also, I saw some of the things you worked on. Nice work.

Thank you.

(I see your serious about your recruiter comment now)

Yes. They bug the shit out of me.

If you want them to stop. Call them every day about jobs.

Do you have a suggestion where I can get PHP/MySQL certified?

I've never been to one, but Zend offers courses that may be worth checking
into.

or a good dummies book?

I find the php.net site to be the absolute best source of examples and
information.\

I do concur.

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers