Re: Multiple instances of mysql_connect() in single PHP document.

Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists) wrote:
Hi,

If the databases are in the same mysql server, then you could qualify
the table select with the database name and simply re-use the
connection

select db_name.table_name.field from db_name.table_name [where]

No offence, but if I saw this in an application's source code, I'd run a mile.

Plus the assumption that they are on the same server and that the user you're connecting with has access to both databases..

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/