Re: Multiple instances of mysql_connect() in single PHP document.

Timothy Legg wrote:
Hello,

Is it wrong to have mysql_connect() called twice within a single PHP
document, such as this?  I have been running into some fairly annoying
query failures that commute when I change the order of these two blocks of
code.  I am currently working around this by repeatedly using
mysql_select_db() to change the databases as I am needing to change to a
different database.

To be more specific, I can use the $db_material handle in doing a query,
but it will always try to search in the Labor_Log table and thus fail
because the tables have different and names.  Swapping these blocks will
have a vice-versa effect.

I assume you mean "database" and not "table". A database can contain many tables and there is no issue with querying multiple tables in a single database.

There is no issue with connecting to multiple databases in the one script.

        //Connect to server (materials)
        $db_material = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "secret");

        //Connect to server (labor)
        $db_labor = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "secret");

So now when you use mysql_query you should pass in the right link to use:

$result = mysql_query($sql, $db_material);

or

$result = mysql_query($sql, $db_labor);

--
Postgresql & php tutorials