Re: Very old question: Mysql and old authentication

-Remote Server
"old_passwords" "ON"
"version" "5.0.45"

That's probably why - as I said in my previous e-mail, the mysqlng driver doesn't support the old authentication mechanism. If you cannot change the remote server, you need to re-compile PHP with the MySQL client library (libmysql) instead of the PHP 5.3 native driver (mysqlng.)