Re: scheduler

2009/9/23 Vinay Kannan <vinykan@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thank You Neil !
>
> So if I write in a command like C:\php\php.exe C:\path\to\script.php in a
> batch file, and have another batch file to run it at given time frames, then
> the PHP file would make the updates and perform the functionalities that its
> required to do, is it? coz what I have on my mind is that the tasks are run
> and the functions are performed even if theres no one to run in the command,
> that can be done right?
>
> Vinay Kannan.
>
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Niel Archer <not@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am developing a web application in PHP, the db is mysql.
>> >
>> > I want to develop something like a batch file, which would run everyday,
>> > query mysql and throw the output to another table which would then
>> perform
>> > some additional functions.
>> >
>> > Is something like this possible?? i am working on windows thats why said
>> > batch,but not rigid about the batch, it cud even be Java.
>>
>> Not only possible but very simple. Just write the php as normal and use
>> Windows' Scheduler to run it with something like:
>>
>> C:\php\php.exe C:\path\to\script.php
>>
>> I have several scripts like this scheduled to do basic maintenance work
>> or carry out automated tasks.
>>
>> > Thanks,
>> > Vinay
>>
>> --
>> Niel Archer
>> niel.archer (at) blueyonder.co.uk
>>

>> --

Save yourself the batch files.

Just use ...

C:\php\php.exe -f C:\path\to\script.php --

as the command.

The -f is for completeness. If you want to pass parameters to your
script, put them after the --

e.g.

C:\php\php.exe -f C:\path\to\script.php -- --scriptparam1 --scriptparam2

The task scheduler is a windows service. It runs even if you are not logged on.

Richard.

--
-----
Richard Quadling