GROUP BY

I run a once daily e-mail list.

The users are able to choose the time of day they receive their daily e-mail.  Their preference is stored in the email-delivery_hour field.

I am trying to determine which email_delivery_hour between 0 and 6 has the lowest number of subscribers.  (I am trying to make it so the same number of e-mails are sent out every hour by offering this as the default when people sign up.)  The GROUP BY section on mySQL's web site didn't make sense to me.  I have attempted to start making the query (below).  What additional changes to do I need to make?

SELECT * FROM `member_subscriptions` WHERE `list` =1 AND `email_delivery_hour` <=6 GROUP BY `email_delivery_hour` ASC ORDER BY `email_delivery_hour` ASC LIMIT 1

Ron