Re: newbie: how to return one iteration *per unique date (DAY!)* in a timestamp column?

Govinda wrote:
> .. so my thought is to want to do nested query(ies),  where:
>  *within* the while loop of the first recordset (which is now
> successfully returning just rows with unique dates), I do other
> query(ies) which will (in their own code block) find all rows of the
> date we are iterating.. so I can, for example, count  number of records
> for each unique date, do math/statistics, etc.

I had to do something similar in code of my own a little while ago, and got
some very good guidance on Stack Overflow. Here's the thread, you might find it
helpful:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/946214/one-sql-query-or-many-in-a-loop

The user whose answer is marked as the correct one ("Quassnoi") also writes a
helpful blog on SQL. You should be able to find the blog by clicking on the
username.

Ben