Re: php 5.2.9 and Postgres 8.3.7

Do you have postgres module for PHP installed? This will probably be the cause.

Didier Gasser-Morlay napsal(a):
Hello,

I tried all day yesterday to setup a brand new machine with a fresh Linux install; with apache 2.2.10 (from source) php 5.2.9 (from source) and PostgresQL 8.3.7 (from the very neat one-click installer provided by Enterprisedb) ; everything compiles and installs fine but when trying to run the first query to my database I consistently get a message about pg_escape_string function missing.

I am connecting through ADODB which filters any query via

 "'".pg_escape_string($this->_connectionID,$s)."'";

I had no problem using the same build with php 5.2.8 and Postgres 8.3.4, so I ended up using the mod_php5.so module for apache build with these versions, but would like to get to the bottom of it.

Any idea or comment ?

Didier

--

S pozdravem