Re: php 5.2.9 and Postgres 8.3.7

Didier Gasser-Morlay wrote:
Hello,

I tried all day yesterday to setup a brand new machine with a fresh Linux install; with apache 2.2.10 (from source) php 5.2.9 (from source) and PostgresQL 8.3.7 (from the very neat one-click installer provided by Enterprisedb) ; everything compiles and installs fine but when trying to run the first query to my database I consistently get a message about pg_escape_string function missing.

I am connecting through ADODB which filters any query via

 "'".pg_escape_string($this->_connectionID,$s)."'";

I had no problem using the same build with php 5.2.8 and Postgres 8.3.4, so I ended up using the mod_php5.so module for apache build with these versions, but would like to get to the bottom of it.

The obvious question would have to be was postgres actually listed in phpinfo? It would need to have been anabled in your build ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL