Re: MySQL + PHP on WinXP x64 = ?? - clarification

YVES SUCAET wrote:
Hi Chris,

I don't need 120 concurrent connections. The problem arises from subsequently
opening connections and the script is a way to simulate the problem: the
first
100 connections e.g. open up fine; then the next 5 mess up; then the next 7
are good to go again etc...

I'm using the basic PHP php_mysql.dll driver. I've used MDB2 from PEAR as
well: same result. I think both of these use the C API, and not the
ODBC-driver.

Have you changed the max_connections setting?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_max_connections

If you have, what is mysql_error() reporting when it can't connect?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/