MySQL + PHP on WinXP x64 = ??

Hi List,

I'm experiencing the problem as described at
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?37,39779,136287#msg-136287

I'm using the following script to test:

<?php
$p = 0;
$n = 0;
for ($i = 0; $i < 120; $i++) {
	$conn = mysql_connect("www.myserver.org", "user", "secret");
	if ($conn) {
		echo "Success!\n";
		mysql_close($conn);
		$p++;
	} else {
		echo "Failed test $i\n";
		$n++;
	}
	sleep(1);
}
echo "\n$p successes, $n failures\n";
?>

Results are very unpredictable. E.g. out of 120 connection attempts, I'll have
114 successes and 6 failures.

The solution that's mentioned is to enable connection pooling, yet since I'm
using the x64 edition, that doesn't work for me.

Has anybody else run into this problem? And how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Yves