Need help in solving issues with configuration of php-5.2.8 with mysql-5.3.1

Hi,

I installed 64 bit MySQL-5.3.1 and i am in the process of installing php-5.2.8.
While configuring php with mysql, getting following issues.

Issue:
====
1. I ran php configuration as below.

$./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-mysql=/apps/mysql/mysql

It went fine.

2. While running make, i got following relink error.

ld: fatal: file /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
.libs/libphp5.so
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code
1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libphp5.la'

I tried exporting CFLAGS as export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -m64" so that gcc will use 64 bit.
But i got following error at the time of make.

ld: fatal: file ext/libxml/.libs/libxml.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld:
fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
.libs/libphp5.so
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code
1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libphp5.la'

I am not able to proceed with the installation of PHP due to above errors. I would appreciate if any one can help me in resolving the issue.

Please let me know if you need more details in solving the issue.

Regards,
Niranjan