Re: sqlnet.ora doesn't seem to be read since oci8 1.3.4

Jérôme Loyet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used to use oci8 version 1.2.3 and I wanted to update to last
> version (1.3.4). Everything works fine except the fact that
> "sqlnet.ora" does not seems to be read.
>
> I use the following string to describe my database in oci_connect: "MEN1PRD".
>
> In sqlnet.ora there is the parameter NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN which is set
> to "WORLD".
>
> In the tnsname.ora I have a full definition for "MEN1PRD.WORLD".
>
> With oci8 1.2.3, it worked but since I upgraded to 1.3.4 this is not
> the case anymore. I have to use the same ID in oci_connect and
> tnsname.org. The sqlnet.ora NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN does not seem to be
> used anymore.

Where are your network files located and how you tell PHP where to
find them.  Do you set ORACLE_HOME or TNS_ADMIN?  Where are they set?

At a wild guess, perhaps you are using putenv() in your scripts -
which is never recommended.  See page 106 of the current (1.5) version
of http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/php/pdf/underground-php-oracle-manual.pdf
on how to set environment variables.

Chris

--