Re: mysql_pconnect options

Thanks, I had been to that page and understood it to mean there are not 2 options that would handle the "false, 2" part, but since mysql_pconnect works on one server with the options there has to be a way to get it working on another.

Chris wrote:
Kathy Mazur Worden wrote:
I'm setting up a webserver for failover on Linux/Apache and am running
into problems getting mysql_pconnect to work.  The primary webserver
(also Linux/Apache) connects to the local MySQL server using:

$Conn = mysql_pconnect("localhost", "user", "password", false, 2) or
die("Could not connect : " . mysql_error());

RTM (http://au2.php.net/mysql_pconnect).

The syntax is different to mysql_connect.

resource mysql_pconnect ([ string $server [, string $username [, string $password [, int $client_flags ]]]] )

After the password, there are client flags and nothing else ("new link" has no meaning with pconnect).