If I make a mistake logging in, the error shows again even if I enter the right values

my PHP programs are working great to access Oracle 11g1 and MySQL 5.1

I entered a bad value for user name /passwordand got a message
Could not connect: Access denied for user 'landon'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I restarted the script under Firefox 3.0.5 and got the same error message without a chance to enter username/password

If I clean the cache, it works OK

This problem only occurs with the MySQL script that is nearly identical to the Oracle script that doesn't show the problem.

This must be a familiar problem with you web programmers!