MYSQL_SOCkET vs. mysql.default_socket

Hello,

phpinfo shows two values for the socket location of mysql. One is called MYSQL_SOCKET, the other one, which I can define in the php.ini, is called mysql.default_socket.

Now I wonder where the first comes from and where or how to manipulate this. And what is the difference, which one has precedence? Why are there two settings at all?

Thanks for your help

Hermann
Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail