Subject:  using database without mysql installed
From: "Patrick Price" <superpatty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, October 24, 2008 1:36 pm
To: <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am trying to access a mysql database server from a php 5.2 server that
doesn't have mysql installed on it. I don't have access or the ability
reinstall php on this server. Is it possible to install mysql after php
is
installed and up and running?

If it is not possible, what would be the best solution to accessing the
database?

The best solution I could think of would be to require a php file that
is
running on a server that I have control of and that has mysql installed
and
using that file to call the database to get the information I need.

Thanks for any help.

Patrick