re:php debugging skills

Could you guys share your development setup, like what kinds of software (IDE's/Editors) you are using for developing php scripts? It might sound silly but I am just curios, as I just got started in php programming en i have firefox + kate/bluefish + LAMP built with gentoo. Im mostly thinking that with only firefox and some logs left /var/log or so, its not enough for me..Im looking for something like an IDE which can allow me to debug code in steps in central manner approach (ide), simplicity and efficiency...u know what i mean? :-D

Just kiddin bout simplicity ;-)

Thanks guys...
regards,
muhsin