Fwd: Reading excel files

Hello,

> Are your Excel files nicely organized by columns with column names?
My excel files are not organised with column titles

Thanks for the phpclasses link, I am using the PEAR excel spreadsheet
writer which is sufficient for output, and require a quality reader -
has anybody got experience with the software at www eephp com? I am
loathe to unnecessarily purchase software when so much code is open
source, but can't find the open source solution to this problem.

Many thanks,

Andy