Re: using multiple apache

You can set a save handler for the session and save the session to the
database (http://php.net/session_set_save_handler). But it will be
hard for server 2 to find out which data belongs to a user that just
came from server 1 - you can't rely on a session id found in the url
or in a cookie since... well, that's obvious. However, there might be
some secure standard for this that I'm not aware of (plus a million
semi secure hacks to think of).

I think I'd rather solve it on a different level and ensure HA by load
balancing the two apache nodes. Check linuxvirtualserver.org and
linux-ha.org - and google gives you tons of articles telling you how
to set it up.