Re: Help to improve MySQL query

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Niel Archer <not@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Hi
>
> You do not say how you identify the last call (there is no date/time
> field for example), so a complete answer is not really possible

With the "id (auto incremented int)", the last record of either table
would be the largest id in a particular group.

> Do not use "NOT LIKE 'Completed'", it's an inefficient way of doing "!=
> 'Completed'"

I'll modify that as you said.

My real concern is that $theHugeListOfIncidentIds keeps growing and is
used in the "Calls.id IN ($theHugeListOfIncidentIds)".

Even if the $theHugeListOfIncidentIds was replaced with an actual
MySQL query instead of first being processed by PHP, I think that is a
bad approach (but maybe that is the solution if I only change this
query and do not change/add columns or states).