Re: PHP to MS SQL Package

http://php.he.net/manual/en/mssql.installation.php Installation

The MSSQL extension is enabled by adding extension=php_mssql.dll to php.ini.

To get these functions to work, you have to compile PHP with
--with-mssql[=DIR], where DIR is the FreeTDS install prefix. And FreeTDS
should be compiled using --enable-msdblib.

Did you actually do a compile
--with-mssql=/usr/local/freetds

I saw you asked " ./configure [--with-apxs --with-mysql...]

You actually meant mssql, right?"  But I didn't see a reply about that.

I searched for "--with-mssql" in my emails and did not see that in your
thread, but saw Claudio Saavedra's thread from Jan 12, 2007 'Problem with
PHP 4.4.4 and MSSQL in Centos' also mentioning "--with-sybase", but his
solution was "I fixed it by compiling again php with --with-mssql instead of
--with-sybase. Now it works perfectly".

So again, I'd recommend compiling "--with-mssql".

By the way anybody, why would I compile "--with-sybase" if I want to use
MSSQL commands?

I just checked my phpinfo on an install that has mysql and mssql.  I don't
even see a --with-mysql or --with-mssql like on previous servers, but I see
"additional .ini files parsed" which mentions /etc/php.d/mssql.ini and
/etc/php.d/mysqli.ini.

Enjoy!