Re: Question on PHP connect MS SQL 2005

I know the package you need is called php-sybase in ubuntu. It's
probably something similar in Fedora. Know that this package will only
let you do a subset of the mssql function calls. If you are just
connecting and doing a normal query, it will suffice. If you need to
do prepared statements for stored procedures, you will likely have to
compile a php-mssql package manually. I just did this last night on my
ubuntu server to get some stored procedures working. Hope that helps.

Ken

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Wei, Alice J. <ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  This may sound really stupid, but I installed Fedora and checked on the box for web development to allow PHP and other web scripts on the platform. Therefore, I could run PHP scripts fine, and the mentioning of this file, would you be able to offer me suggestions on where it might be?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Alice

Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be
brought to the bidding of the leaders. Tell them they are being
attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
endangering the country. It works the same in every country.

--- Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, At the Nuremberg Trials