Can't get PHP PGSQL module to load

Hello all,

I am trying to use PostGreSQL with PHP (using Apache on Windows), but can't
get the php_pgsql.dll module to load.

phpinfo() reports that the loaded configuration file is C:\Program
Files\PHP\php.ini.  (It also reports that the "Configuration File (php.ini)
Path"  is "C:\WINDOWS" - I tried copying php.ini to that directory, but
still no luck).  In php.ini, I have the lines

------------------------------ Begin php.ini excerpt
--------------------------------------

extension_dir = ".\extensions"

; I've also tried ".\ext" here, and am not actually sure what the "." is
relative to

extension=php_pgsql.dll

; I've copied php_pgsql.dll to C:\Program Files\PHP\ext and C:\Apache
Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\mediawiki\extensions

------------------------------ End php.ini excerpt
--------------------------------------

I have tried various things in php.ini, and stopped and restarted Apache
each time.  But each time phpinfo() and get_loaded_extensions() report that
the module is not loaded.

I have also tried loading via dl():

if (!dl("php_pgsql.dll")) print "load failed";

else print "load succeeded";

but this reports that the load failed as well.  (I have enable_dl = On in
php.ini.)

My set up is as follows:

WinXP Professional

Apache 2.2.4

PHP 5.2.6

PostGreSQL 8.3

I am installing everything from pre-built binaries.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

David Z.