Re: Fwd: PHP 5.2.6 integrating MYSQL 5.0.51b on APACHE 2.0.63 + Windows XP SP2)

I had done all that but not working either. Perhaps, I should described in
details of what I had done so that you guys and gals can figure out for me
where I had gone wrong.

a. Installed APACHE 2.0.63 using downloaded file
"apache-2.0.63-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi" under "c:\webserver\apache group"
directory. Tested with "localhost" on the browser and able to see the Apache
test page.

b. Installed PHP 5.2.6 using downloaded file "php-5.2.6-win32" zip package
under Windows Binaries section and extracted the files under PHP directory
"c:\webserver\php"

c. Configured PHP.ini file by copying php.ini-recommended as php.ini and
setting the followings:
    i. display_errors = On
    ii. log_errors = On
    iii. doc_root = c:\WebServer\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs
    iv. extension_dir = C:\WebServer\PHP\ext

d. Did php -v on command prompt and some PHP and Zend Engine version
displayed.

e. Configured httpd.conf file with the following settings:
    i. LoadModule php5_module  "c:/Webserver/php/php5apache2.dll"
    ii. AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    iii. PHPIniDir "c:/WebServer/PHP/"
    iv. DirectoryIndex  index.html  index.php  index.html.var

f. Able to see PHP and APACHE info displayed when did a phpinfo(). Upto this
stage, PHP and APACHE are talking

g. Installed MYSQL 5.0.51b using downloaded file "Windows ZIP/Setup.EXE
(x86)" package under directory "c:\Webserver\MYSQL5" and tested with the
command "mysql -u root -p".

h. Tried to configure PHP.ini file to talk to MYSQL where I am stuck! HELP!!
    i. uncommented extension=php_mysql.dll
    ii Restarted everything but not working, so I tried to be a hero by
copying libmysql.dll from MYSQL    directory to the PHP directory, restarted
everything but not working either. When I did a phpinfo() no mysql info
displayed, only the php and apache info can be seen.

That's the end of my long story. Hope you guys and gals can figure things
for me.