Re: problem in creating the ibm_db2 extension

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 5:53 AM, Chris <dmagick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> H Thirividi wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have installed db2 on my* fedora core 7* system and now i wan t to
> access
> > the database using the* php apis*. For this reason I downloaded the
> *ibm_db2
> > 1.6* package and tried to create the extension. I did the following
> >
> > phpize
> >
> > output is
> > Configuring for:
> > PHP Api Version:         20041225
> > Zend Module Api No:      20060613
> > Zend Extension Api No:   220060519
> >
> > ./configure --with-IBM_DB2=/opt/ibm/db2/V9.5
> > part of the ouput
> >
> > checking for re2c... no
> > configure: WARNING: You will need re2c 0.12.0 or later if you want to
> > regenerate PHP parsers.
> > checking for gawk... gawk
> > checking for IBM_DB2 support... yes, shared
> > checking Looking for DB2 CLI libraries... checking      in
> > /opt/ibm/db2/V9.5...
> > checking      in /opt/ibm/db2/V9.5/lib64...
> > checking      in /opt/ibm/db2/V9.5/lib32... found
> > checking for DB2 CLI include files in default path... checking in
> > /opt/ibm/db2/V9.5... not found
>
> It's looking for the include/, lib/ etc folders under that (ie the
> headers and so on).
>
> Where are they located?
>
> Hello Chris,

I am not sure if after getting a reply to the question one should still
reply to the mailing list or reply to the *person directly*. If I have
committed a mistake kindly oblige as this is new to me.
After posting the question I just *searched* and then came to know that
while installing db2, it had created 3 users named *db2inst1*,
*db2fenc1*and one more
*administrative user* whose name i am not able to recollect and then saw *db2
cli include files* in *db2inst1's home* when i logged onto the system as a
db2inst1 user and tried to copy those files to /opt/ibm/db2/V9.5 (which is
where db2 database is installed)  but  gave me an error saying that I cannot
copy.
I also changed the permissions and even then could not copy.
So does this mean i have to complie the extension by logging in as db2inst1
and cant this be as root or what should I do to continue further.

With Regards,
Harsha