Re: Select query with Forein key Relation

It'd be consistent to use uniform naming conventions for your columns. E.g., an ID column is called 'id' in every table, and if you use two words in a column name, to separate them either by an underscore or by a capital letter for the second word.

In PHP a dot is an append operator - to reference a member of a certain namespace you use '->'. In this case you don't need it though. To get a column 'vname' from the table 'venue' you use:

while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
   $sub = $row["venue.vname"];
}

Remember that in this case, $sub will always only hold the value of the last result - or of the only result if there is only one result row.

Nasreen Laghari wrote:
Hi Evert,
What to you mean by this "If I were you I'd go for one of them and apply this to all."
also to get the value of columns do i need to do following in php
/while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
  {/
/        $sub= $row[venue].[vname];/
/}/
Regards ----- Original Message ----