Beginners Problem

Hello,

I am having another problem with PHP, and I have tried rectifying the
problem with each try failing. The problem I have is, whenever I refresh the
page or visit the URL to where the login form is (which is index.php), it
automatically refreshes to the members page, even if I did not click the
'Submit' button (with or without the correct login details, for that matter,
even if I did click the 'Submit' button). I hope someone will be able to
help me in some way or another to rectify the issue; I have tried seeing all
possibilities of the problem. Once more, I am relatively knew to PHP, so I
appreciate help towards the right direction.

Cheers,
Ben Stones.

(PS: The PHP code is below)

$con = mysql_connect("localhost", "ben_test", "removed") or
die(mysql_error());
$db = mysql_select_db("ben_test") or die(mysql_error());
$user = $_POST['username'];
$pass = $_POST['password'];
$select_sql = sprintf("SELECT `username` FROM `users` WHERE `username` =
'$user' AND `password` = '$pass'", mysql_real_escape_string($user),
mysql_real_escape_string($pass));
$select_sql_two = mysql_query($select_sql);

if($select_sql_two) {
echo 'Redirecting you to members page...';
echo '[meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;url=members.php" /]';
}
else {
echo 'Error';
}

I've changed the HTML code, by the way, so it doesn't render the HTML code
in some mail boxes.