undefined function Mysql_connect()

Hi,

I am using (trying to use) Mysql_connect () function in my scripts and =
it=B4s not working...

When I will try to use this example:

<?php

    $link =3D mysql_connect("localhost", "root")

        or die("Couldn=B4t connect");

    print ("Connected");

    mysql_close($link);

?>

It will do nothing in browser, and when I try to look at "preview" in
application HTML-Kit, which I use for script writing, it prints:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function Mysql_connect().

Probably this message is reason of bad installation or some problem with
setup of PHP I guess, but...

I do not know how to solve this problem.

I am running Windows XP PRO,

Appache 2.0

PHP 5.2.5 as a module,

And MYSql 5.0 as a service...

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanx Lukas