Re: force to download file

IE likes excel files, and wants to open them for you since it is such a
"helpful" application...

If you want to force the download you need to lie to the browser and claim
you are passing a file that it won't know what to do with.

You can try an exe header, but that will likely prompt security warnings
that will bug your users.

--
Stephen Johnson c | eh
The Lone Coder

http://www.thelonecoder.com
continuing the struggle against bad code

http://www.thumbnailresume.com