RE: mssql_connect not working from command line [RESOLVED]

Thanks for informing me that CGI and CLI may use a different php.ini and that they may be compiled differently.

The admin finally admitted that he ran a yum update which overwrote the manually compiled CLI version.

The reason I missed it was that the build date of the latest CLI version was earlier than when the scripts broke.