Re: Preparing SQL insert statements from CSV files

And if you're using MS SQL Server, you can use BULK INSERT.

Regards,

Bruce

T K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to parse csv files and put them into database. I was able to
> parse the files by fgetcsv() and made an HTML table. But, when it
> comes to parse more closely and make "INSERT INTO" statement, then
I'm
> having problems with, probably "for-loop".

Do you need to do anything to the data before it's inserted?

Check out http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/load-data.html if
you're using mysql - it can load a csv file directly (providing it's
properly formatted etc).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/