Re: Executing a query in the future

cron?

or if on windows they have a scheduler, and then just run a command line PHP script that checks due dates and sends out emails as necessary, not sure you need a web page to send out email notifications...
-B

Mark Bomgardner wrote:
I am looking for a way in PHP to execute a query at some point in the
future.  Here is my example;  I am writing a page to checkout laptop
computers to instructors.  I want the person that checks out the laptop to
receive an email when the laptop is close to being to, but I want this to be
automated.  I don't want to have to pull up a page everyday to run the
query.  Is there something that can run in the background  that can run a
page at varying intervals?

markb