Re: PHP ORACLE SSL ?

Narasimha Gangaiah wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am writing a web application using PHP. I want to use PEAR::DB to connect
> to user database.
> I want the connection to be secured using SSL.
>
> Does oci8.sl (php oracle dblibrary) support SSL connection to Oracle Server
> ?
>
> I know we can securely connect to MYSQL server using PEAR::DB && SSL.
> Is it possible to estable secure connection to oracle server using PHP ?
>
> Best Regards
> Simha

The network protocols used by Oracle can encrypt and/or checksum data
transfers between Oracle library calls in PHP's oci8 extension and the
database server.

See http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B12037_01/network.101/b10772/asoconfg.htm#1006342
The useful bits are at the bottom of that page where the sample
sqlnet.ora files are given (just above tables 3-2 and 3-3).  In effect
all you need to do is add a couple of configuration lines and restart
the network listener to get encrypted traffic. Check your license too:
the Advanced Security Option (ASO) is probably a separately licensble
product.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle