Inheritance question

Hi there,
I could use some help in understanding inheritance and accessing certain properties in objects. For example (see below), lets say I would like to use "public $one" property in a new class / method (such as class b)? What is the best way to accomplish this? Any help and or suggestions are welcome.

class a {
	public $one;

public function someMethod() {
	$this->one = '1';