ALTER TABLE tbl AUTO_INCREMENT = 1;

This may screw with your indexes though, if you have a primary indexed, or unique indexed row, and you set this to 1, mysql >>MAY<< try and insert conflicting values. I've never done this so I have no idea how this is handled by the server, but I suspect you'll just get an error.

-Micah

On 03/11/2007 06:55 PM, bedul wrote:
u can't
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Piggott" <ron.php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PHP DB" <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 7:52 AM
Subject:  auto_increment command

I am not sure if that last e-mail went through or not.  I am wondering
how to re-set the auto_increment field back to 1 in one of my tables.
Ron

there no such thing reset auto_increment
if you need the reset.. there were way to do that.
rename the table.. then take query to build it
create new table and tralalla.. u have reset it.

fyi. if inside the table already have a data were id was 100.. the next id
must be 101..
btw.. if you want to make your table more clean (i said about.. how random
the num).. there is a way.
what reason u wanna do that??