Re: Access denied for user...sometimes???

Peter Beckman wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, James Garfield wrote:
>
>> I've got 5.0.27-standard installed on an Intel Mac, using the
>> preinstalled version of Apache and my own installation of PHP 4.4.4. I
>> use this machine for development work and don't make it available to
>> anyone else. I've got an instance of a PHP application running, and it
>> works...but not all of the time!!! I created the user that accesses my
>> MySQL via the following commands;
>>
>> use [web_db_name];
>> grant select, insert, update, delete on *.* to '[new_user]'@'%'
>> identified by '[new_password]';
>>
>> I'm able to do everything expected from the command line mysql tool, but
>> on the PHP side it fails more than half of the time:
>>
>> Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user
>> '[new_user]'@'[my_current_dhcp_ip]' (using password: YES) in
>> /[path]/[to]/[page]/[on]/[server]/index.php on line 66
>>
>> This leaves the question: since MySQL is behaving normally otherwise, I'm
>> using a host of '%' and my IP isn't changing, does anybody know what the
>> problem is with PHP???
>>
>> TIA,
>> James
>
>   flush privileges

And, as it's only you using mysql from the current machine, you don't need a
network connection to your own machine - use localhost instead of your
dynamic(?) IP, and set skip-networking (or whatever it is called) to on in
your my.cnf file.

Cheers
--
David Robley

Useless Invention: Checkered paint.
Today is Pungenday, the 53rd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3173.