Re: OLAP Multidimensional databases and PHP

Heh.. i've got also that info at http://del.icio.us/469 i'm just looking for
some "guidance" to work with it from PHP, anyway Thanks for the interest :p
Something is better that nothing...

2007/2/5, Bastien Koert <bastien_k@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multidimensional_database

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLAP

bastien

>From: "Santiago Zarate" <santiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject:  OLAP Multidimensional databases and PHP
>Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:37:01 -0400
>
>Hello...
>
>I'm the kind of PHP guy that people is scared of... i am Too curious :D.
>
>So lately at the company i've been working for like 6 months, they are
>going
>to migrate a OLAP program, to vb.net, since i think php could do a better
>work... since it can be expanded... well i was looking for information
>about
>how to work with OLAP and PHP, but that's not all.. i also would like to
>know if someone here knows about multidimensional databases~ and could
>explain me a lil bit... i've got some vague ideas... but they arent that
>good for me to explain very well...
>
>Note that this program its called "Rotator" it has 2 parts, the Modeler
>(The
>one which builds your tests), and the analyzer (The one who takes your
>tests, and lets you analyze it via OLAP) its a very powerfull tool... and
>welll... my boss (He did the whole thing in Vb) agreed to work with it
>under
>BSD licence if he can do it with PHP... so consider the "BOOM" thatr
>something like this will help PHP and more the Opensource comunity...
>
>Anyone interested in helping?~
>
>Can anyone tellme where to go?... i really wanna know how to work with
olap
>and multidimensional databases, not just for teh fact of the rotator's
>migration, but for the knowledge it has...

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA